Foodie Friday is possibly my absolute favorite Friday of the month! Fridays already have a fantastic connotation, but add a foodie experience and you’ve got yourself an ideal weekday and start to the weekend. While we were still living in Boulder, a few couple friends of ours asked if we would like to join them for their Foodie Friday tradition. The group had formed a few months prior and the idea was to try one new or favorite restaurant each month, picked by a different couple, for a chance to delight in some of the local hotspots and enjoy some wonderful company. We quickly realized this was an awesome tradition, and have kept it up since.
Luckily my dear friend Danielle is in the food business and always knows the best little places to go in Denver and Boulder. She’s always got a great recommendation, and she’s never led me astray. I would promote any of the restaurants on this list, but have highlighted* a few! I’ve also indicated a few pre or post dinner bars that we really enjoyed!
Some of the restaurants we have sampled in the nearly two years we’ve participated in Foodie Friday:
- Pastavino (Boulder, Colorado)
- The Bitter Bar (Boulder, Colorado)
- Brasserie Ten Ten* (Boulder, Colorado)
- T-Zero Lounge at the St. Julien Hotel (Boulder, Colorado)
- The Squeaky Bean (Denver, Colorado)
- Oak at 14th*(Boulder, Colorado)
- Bramble & Hare (Boulder, Colorado)
- Fuel (Denver, Colorado)
- Lala’s Wine Bar & Pizzeria (Denver, Colorado)
- The Kitchen – Denver* (Denver, Colorado)
- Beatrice and Woodsley* (Denver, Colorado)
- Sushi Sasa* (Denver, Colorado)
- Acorn at the Source (Denver, Colorado)
- Caprock Farm Bar at the Source (Denver, Colorado)
Although most Foodie Fridays we are out and about, some we stay in and enjoy one another’s skills in the kitchen. Regardless of where we are, it’s the perfect excuse to see some of our favorite people while simultaneously trying something new and always delicious. Tonight we’ll be going to the adorable French bistrot, Z Cuisine, and its neighboring bar, A Cote. I love being able to check these great local restaurants off my list and discover which ones I simply must return to!
Do you have a Foodie Friday tradition, or something similar? Do you like to go to one restaurant continuously, or try new places? How do you learn about new restaurants?